About the Trustmark
Retail Excellence in partnership with Ecommerce Europe launched the Irish eCommerce Trustmark in order to promote cross-border trade. Each retailer displaying a Trustmark logo has passed a European standard of excellence ensuring they can provide an efficient user experience and process payments securely.
The Trustmark increases consumer confidence and ensures a safe environment for online shoppers. By displaying the Trustmark logo, the retailer indicates to the consumer that the website is compliant with the latest Irish and EU legislation.
The Trustmark increases protection for consumers and retailers by establishing one European set of rules. Mystery audits are conducted regularly to ensure high standards are upheld and each applicant will receive a detailed assessment of their website.
Additional benefits of the Trustmark include an International Complaints Handling Procedure available to both consumers and retailers. The Irish eCommerce Trustmark aims to boost cross-border trade within the EU online market which is estimated to be worth €600 billion for 2018.
- Increased confidence in the delivery capability of the merchant
- National and International complaints handling procedure
- Enhanced security of consumers data
- Certified retailers accept the preferred payment method of consumers
- Reassurance that consumer rights will be upheld